truebluemeandyou: Inspired Rock Specimen Art. Reblogging because this is one of my favorite posts. You can create something so personal and lovely for someone using this idea as a jumping off point. Don’t want to DIY? Go look at Cori Kindred’s site to buy.
How great are these Rock Collages by mixed media artist Cori Kindred on Etsy? Her shop is closed until 2013 but you could do something inspired by this with your favorite rocks that remind you of the qualities of someone you care about. Her website is www.corikindred.com. On my FB page I even suggested doing a “speciman” type of collection using a chewed pencil (writer’s block?) and mundane items to capture someones personality. EDIT: her Etsy store is now open.
2013 True Blue Me & You DIY Gift Guide: Bracelets Part 6. For DIY Bracelets Part 1 go here, Part 2 go here, Part 3 go here, Part 4 go here and for Part 5 go here. These are DIY bracelets that you can make in time for the holidays. To see other roundups of DIY gifts go here: truebluemeandyou.tumblr.com/tagged/diy-gift-guide
- Knockoff M’Oda ‘Operandi Vanities Bracelets from inspiration & realisation here.
- Unisex Lather Cord Bracelet with Skull Charms from Rio Grande here.
- Knockoff CC SKYE Lucky Horn Rosary Bracelet from Sprinkles in Springs here.
- Knotted Leather Beaded Charm Bracelet from Meli Melo here.
- Beaded Hemp Braided Bracelet with a Button Closure from Happy Hour Projects here.
- Cords, Tubes & Pearls Bracelet from inspiration & realisation.
- Knockoff MAWI Spiked Jeweled Bracelet from Sprinkles in Springs here.
- Mystery Braided Leather Bracelet from A Pumpkin & A Princess here.
- Sherlockian Morse Code Friendship Bracelets from finalproblem here.
DIY 5 Gifts in a Jar Tutorias and Templates from The Gunny Sack here. I really like the “cleans up well” for men and check out my “manly gift” ideas here. I also posted another really popular DIY from the Gunny Sack – lots of gift in a jar suggestions here like:
- Energy in a Jar
- Refreshment in a Jar Tide Me Over Jar
- First Aid Jar
- S’Mores in a Jar
- Relaxation Jar
- Sewing in a Jar
- Spa in a Jar
DIY Terrarium Kit Tutorial and Printable from Wit & Whistle here. I’m posting this for the really well done illustrated printable. Last year I bought my mom a heavy large glass terrarium for $5 (at Michaels in the jar/vase section with a 50% off coupon) and a gift certificate to a local plant place and it was one of her favorite gifts. For more ideas for really cheap terrariums (including Moss Wars) go here: truebluemeandyou.tumblr.com/tagged/terrarium