DIY Candy Cane Soap Tutorial from Gluesticks. This soap is made from melt and pour glycerin soap. The crushed candy canes embedded in the soap are for decoration and wash off after several uses, but make the soap so festive. For homemade soaps like Vanilla Peppermint Loofah Soap and many more go here: diychristmascrafts.tumblr.com/tagged/soap and for more DIY beauty and spa recipes including roundups from 2012, 2013 and 2014 go here.
12 Favorite DIY Bracelets. Part 2. Part 1 is here. Annual Gift Guide 2014. There are DIY Bracelets for every skill level and price range – from easy braided bracelets to lovely Chan Luu Knockoff bracelets. *For the 2013 Gift Guide of 72 DIY Bracelets go here. For the 2012 DIY Gift Guide of 72 DIY Bracelets go here.
DIY 2 Easy Friendship Bracelets from The Purl Bee. There is the one sided wrap and the double sided wrap, both with an adjustable closure.
DIY Very Easy Woven Sweater Bracelet from My Poppet. This DIY uses double stick tape, yarn and a tapestry (big) needle.
DIY Chan Luu Inspired Rainbow Bracelet from Halfway to Hipster. At the link there are lots more Knockoff Chan Luu DIYs.
DIY Perler Beads Ornaments from Wooz. You can make the ornaments with more than 1 layer – just watch the oven carefully. Top Photo: DIY by Wooz, Bottom Photo: Red Ted Art. For more Perler Beads DIYs go here. EDIT: a reader messaged me who reads Danish and wrote: “du kan evt. proppe perler i en skål og hælde olie i og røre det rundt.” = “you could potentially/probably [evt = eventuellt = potentially] cram the beads into a bowl and pour oil into it and stir”. Thus it may not be necessary to coat the beads all in oil.
In the comments the tutorial was translated into English:
- Set oven temp to 200 C or 400 F. One reader recommneds 350 F. Take a cookie sheet and cover with foil.
- In a small bowl pour the bowl 1/4 full of oil. Dip each cookie cutter into the bowl and rub all over with oil then place on the cookie sheet.
- Once you are done pour the Perler Beads into the bowl of oil and stir. Take a spoon and place the beads into the cookie cutters. *The beads stick together with the oil and I was unable to get just one layer like the above picture. Mine were two to three layers. I tried to fill the cookie cutters less than half full.*
- Place in the oven. Because mine were more than a layer I had to turn my oven up to 350 F. There is no specific time, I checked mine periodically until the beads turned to resemble an “O”. *The tutorial says to set the oven to 200 Celsius which is 400 F for one layer of beads.*
- Once melted remove from oven and allow to cool. Then push the ornament from the cookie cutter.
DIY Confetti Gemstone Gift Tag Tutorial and Template from The Things She Makes. Really easy to make all occasion gift tags that hopefully will be regifted! For more of my favorite unique DIY printable gift tags go here.