Make these quick and easy amigurumi DIY Crochet Kawaii Marshmallows to accompany holiday gifts. You can leave them as is or make them into keychains.
We set up our Christmas tree a couple days ago, and as a final touch, we hung our Teddy Ornaments that we made last year! I can’t believe it’s been one whole year since we designed, created and blogged about these three cuties, and it amazes me how popular they’ve become! This year is extra special since it is Myla’s first Christmas 🙂 She watched with great interest as we were setting up the tree!
I thought I would do a round-up of some beautiful crocheted Christmas ornaments that I found in case you want to add some more crafty and crocheted goodness to your tree! The free patterns are available for all of these ornaments (click through the links to access them!)!
I think the baby owls are absolutely adorable! I’ve always greatly admired my friend Josephine Wu’s work as she is a very talented amigurumi designer. If you haven’t seen her work already, go check out her blog “A Morning Cup of Jo Creations”. I also think the “Scalloped Circle” would make a lovely frame for a picture or for another ornament as well- could you see a little snowman or angel in that circle?
Will you be making any of these ornaments to add to your tree in the last days before Christmas?
First, let me say I commend TrueBlueMeandYou for doing round ups like this all the time. This was a lot more work than I expected! (Not that I minded at all.) Someone asked me to do an amigurumi round up and while this is nowhere near inclusive, I tried to pick some good ones. There’s always Ravelry if you want to find more!
Here they are:
1. Owlets by Roman Sock
2. Owls Two Ways by Ocean of Stitches on Ravelry*
3. Puppy Love (many puppy patterns) by By Hook, By Hand
4. Happy Reindeer by Lion Brand
5. Amigurumi Rainbow Robot by Sweet n Cute Creations
6. Amanda and Annie Teddy Bears by JennyAndTeddy
7. Margarita by Petite Purls
8. Koala Bear on Craft Passion
9. Dragon by All About Ami
10. Tiny Whale by Planet June
11. Can You Stare like a Whale? by ea1701
12. Do the Jellyfish Jam by BitterSweet
13. Dudly Dinosaur by Marleen Hartog on Ravelry*
14. Gigi the Giraffe by Marike van Loo on Ravelry*
15. One Piece Giraffe by Cult of Crochet
16. Miniature Giraffe Pattern by Denizmum on Ravelry*
* You have to be a member of Ravelry to download these patterns.
All of these patterns are free except for the last one. The person who asked me to make this round up wanted to find a giraffe pattern, preferably a small one, so I included this but it’s on the expensive side.
Amigurumi rarely come with a gauge so making them smaller is quite easy. As long as you keep your stitches tight, feel free to use different yarn (or embroidery floss or thread even!) with its corresponding hook to size them up or down.
Also, while you’re on each of these pattern sites, have a look around. Most of the sites I listed have a lot more patterns in their libraries!
Truebluemeandyou: I got asked a similar question and had NO IDEA because I don’t crochet and referred her to superslyskillzmcfly. Thanks for doing such a great roundup!