I post Perler Beads DIYs a lot because they are fun to use for both kids and adults and they are so cheap – a huge jar of 22,000 beads runs about $15 or you can get a bucket of 6,000 beads plus various pegboards for $12. For more unique and fun Perler Beads DIYs go here.
These coasters/drink covers can be made out of Perler or Hama Beads – so they are very cheap and easy to make. For lots more Perler Bead DIYs go here.
DIY Perler Beads String Art Ornament Tutorial from frk hansen. For the tutorial on how to make these DIY string art ornaments go here. I used Chrome to translate to English.
DIY Perler Beads Ornaments from Wooz. You can make the ornaments with more than 1 layer – just watch the oven carefully. Top Photo: DIY by Wooz, Bottom Photo: Red Ted Art. For more Perler Beads DIYs go here. EDIT: a reader messaged me who reads Danish and wrote: “du kan evt. proppe perler i en skål og hælde olie i og røre det rundt.” = “you could potentially/probably [evt = eventuellt = potentially] cram the beads into a bowl and pour oil into it and stir”. Thus it may not be necessary to coat the beads all in oil.
In the comments the tutorial was translated into English:
- Set oven temp to 200 C or 400 F. One reader recommneds 350 F. Take a cookie sheet and cover with foil.
- In a small bowl pour the bowl 1/4 full of oil. Dip each cookie cutter into the bowl and rub all over with oil then place on the cookie sheet.
- Once you are done pour the Perler Beads into the bowl of oil and stir. Take a spoon and place the beads into the cookie cutters. *The beads stick together with the oil and I was unable to get just one layer like the above picture. Mine were two to three layers. I tried to fill the cookie cutters less than half full.*
- Place in the oven. Because mine were more than a layer I had to turn my oven up to 350 F. There is no specific time, I checked mine periodically until the beads turned to resemble an “O”. *The tutorial says to set the oven to 200 Celsius which is 400 F for one layer of beads.*
- Once melted remove from oven and allow to cool. Then push the ornament from the cookie cutter.