DIY Felt Rosebud Basket Tutorial from The Blooming Thread here. The photo is no longer up for this DIY at The Blooming Thread so I’m posting basic instructions because those may disappear too, but go to the link for more info in the comments.
- She used felt bought from Joanne’s Fabric store that was about 3/8 to 1/4 inch thick.
- Cut a basic hexagon shape. *once folded, it will remain roughly the same size. This will help you gauge how big or small to cut your shape.
- Use a ruler and a rotary cut to make slits from each adjacent corner as shown.
- Fold up the each side, layering as you rotate to the next. You glue or stitch the final corners down.
DIY Bina Brianca Wrap Tutorials
*I posted this on my other blog a long time ago but this post has updated tutorial information and better photos. I’m posting the updated version on my Holiday Blog because this would make a great gift with the Bina Brianca PDF Manual printed out. If you don’t want to DIY you can buy from Bina Brianca, made out of 100% Modal Jersey, for $42.50 here.
DIY Two Tutorials for the Bina Brianca Wrap. Have you see this? It can be worn as a scarf, cardigan, poncho, blouse, shrug, stole, turtleneck, shoulder scarf, back wrap, tunic and headscarf. You can download the PDF “how-to” manual for all these styles from Bina Brianca here.
- Top Photo Collage: Bina Brianca here
- Middle Photo: Bina Brianca Wrap screen shots from the video here
- Bottom Photos:
DIY Bina Brianca Wrap Tutorial by Organized Living Solutions here.Another DEAD BLOG. You can go here and translate the Portuguese into English: ritadhanna.blogspot.com/2013/01/um-pano-cinco-maneiras.html
- Not pictured: Original tutorial for the wrap at The Fine Craft Guild here and anupdate on the pattern from Fine Craft Guild here. *She also added patterns for one with snaps and a NO SEW pattern.
truebluemeandyou: DIY Woven Danish Heart Baskets. I really love this craft – cheap, easy, pretty homemade, and a great end result! These are made out of felt but you can use construction paper. For the entire tutorial go to Radmegan in Words and Pictures here. She has more color combinations and a very clear video on her site (that I just watched that makes everything crystal clear on the weaving).